The NUI website states “if you want to contribute to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions, to make the word a better place and have any interest or skills in the topics mentioned below, then we encourage you to contact us with your research proposal”. The topics are:
– Modelling of thermal and fluid systems (CFD, whole building and reduced order modelling);
– Control and optimisation of mechanical systems;
– Fault Detection and Diagnosis (FDD);
– Smart cities, wireless technologies and energy networks;
– Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Semantic web;
– Data analysis and online web applications (energy related applications);
– Data visualisation, GUI design, HCI and Cognitive Engineering.
More information at http://www.nuigalway.ie/iruse/vacancies.html .
Note: Feasta is a forum for exchanging ideas. By posting on its site Feasta agrees that the ideas expressed by authors are worthy of consideration. However, there is no one ‘Feasta line’. The views of the article do not necessarily represent the views of all Feasta members.