Location: The Macro Building, 1 Green St, Dublin 7
Deadline: 5.00pm 16 Jul 2012
Company: Irish Environmental Network (IEN)
Contract: One year renewable contract.
This is a full-time role – Salary will be reflective of the level of experience
Purpose: Support the Irish Environmental Network’s objectives through the management and implementation of the agreed communications’ plan and through the fundraising strategy.
Web: Writing and editing for websites – Creating content on websites
HTML, CSS – Website maintenance
Graphics creation, video editing, video shooting, photography
PR: Media relations, writing press releases
Print: Designing leaflets, flyers, posters, etc
Event: Coordinate and organise events,
IT support: Email list management
General Computer knowledge: MS Office suite
Programs/Software: Adobe Photoshop; WordPress; Adobe Illustrator; InDesign; Microsoft Office Adobe Acrobat Acrobat; Audacity; Joomla; Google Analytics; Adsense; Adwords; Facebook; Twitter
Management of media relationships.
Implement the Fundraising Strategy
– Qualification in Communications/PR, and/or equivalent qualification & relevant experience.
– Experience in a Communications Officer/Manager role is essential.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Proven experience of effectively dealing with media.
– Proven experience of managing internal communications.
– Proven ability to manage several projects concurrently; excellent time management & organisational skills
– Strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently.
– A strong interest in the protection of the Environment.
Those interested in this position should email a cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, Monday 16th July 2012.
Note: Feasta is a forum for exchanging ideas. By posting on its site Feasta agrees that the ideas expressed by authors are worthy of consideration. However, there is no one ‘Feasta line’. The views of the article do not necessarily represent the views of all Feasta members.