Jim Hansen’s latest power point can be loaded directly from this URL (pdf document, 2.4 MB). It provides useful evidence that sea level rise is accelerating; net flux of heat into the sea; the arctic and Antarctic losing mass etc. His proposed programme for cutting carbon emissions, ‘fee and dividend’, has many similarities to the Feasta climate group’s Cap and Share programme. He advocates adopting a carbon tax rather than quotas, however.
- Policy packages (from Sharing for Survival)
- Danger ahead: prioritising risk avoidance in political and economic decision-making
- Covert Cap and Share video released by Freakylinks
- Brian Davey – Further Dangers Ahead: prioritising risk management at all levels of political economic decision making.
- Memorandum to the Environmental Audit Committee Inquiry into Personal Carbon Allowances