Location: The Macro Building, 1 Green St, Dublin 7
Deadline: 5.00pm 16 Jul 2012
Company: Irish Environmental Network (IEN)
Contract: One year renewable contract.
This is a full-time role – Salary will be reflective of the level of experience
Purpose: Support the Irish Environmental Network’s objectives through the management and implementation of the agreed communications’ plan and through the fundraising strategy.
Web: Writing and editing for websites – Creating content on websites
HTML, CSS – Website maintenance
Graphics creation, video editing, video shooting, photography
PR: Media relations, writing press releases
Print: Designing leaflets, flyers, posters, etc
Event: Coordinate and organise events,
IT support: Email list management
General Computer knowledge: MS Office suite
Programs/Software: Adobe Photoshop; Wordpress; Adobe Illustrator; InDesign; Microsoft Office Adobe Acrobat Acrobat; Audacity; Joomla; Google Analytics; Adsense; Adwords; Facebook; Twitter
Management of media relationships.
Implement the Fundraising Strategy
– Qualification in Communications/PR, and/or equivalent qualification & relevant experience.
– Experience in a Communications Officer/Manager role is essential.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Proven experience of effectively dealing with media.
– Proven experience of managing internal communications.
– Proven ability to manage several projects concurrently; excellent time management & organisational skills
– Strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently.
– A strong interest in the protection of the Environment.
Those interested in this position should email a cover letter and current CV to email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, Monday 16th July 2012.