The graph here shows that wealth as measured by GWP per capita correlates far more closely than world population with anthropogenic CO2 emissions. This very nicely supports the argument made by David Knight in his paper on Population, Wealth, and Climate Change. A recent Royal Society report also supported this.
- Property Tax is a Wealth Tax in Ireland by Ronan Lyons
- Sustainable economy: keeping wealth (wellbeing) in our families and communities
- Greenhouse-gas emissions from energy use in the water sector
- How are rising CO2 emissions linked to a rising world population?
- Using Cap and Share to control emissions from the EU transport sector