Feasta recently made a submission to the Irish government’s Consultation on Climate Change policy. We have also contributed to the Environmental Pillar Submission. The purpose of this separate submission is to go into greater detail in four areas including two where FEASTA has had a particular involvement in developing policy proposals.
There are two main targets for climate change mitigation: emissions from fossil fuels and net additional emissions from the biosphere due to anthropogenic activity. (This is not to deny the importance of the minor sources including F-gases and black carbon which also need to be addressed and which can be characterised as low-hanging fruit and/or as areas where major co-benefits are available.) This submission first addresses fossil fuel emissions, then carbon cycles and sinks, followed by the transition to a sustainable economy and lastly the need for a climate law.
Download the submission (PDF format)
- Submission to the consultation on Rio+20
- Submission on sustainable residential developments in urban areas
- Submission of Evidence to the ERFA Committee’s examination of international climate policy post-2012
- Submission to the UK All-Party Committee on Climate Change
- FEASTA submission on Irish Renewable Energy Policy