The biofuel delusion: synopsis of the argument and implications for ZeroCarbonBritain 2030’s land use proposals
This slideshow presentation was prepared for the recent Feasta Climate Group weekend. It discusses the problems associated with a biofuel-based economy and the challenges of being a lecturer in ecological economics. The presentation makes use of the heart as a metaphor for the energy sector of the economy, as advocated by energetics analysts Mario Giampietro and Kozo Mayumi. The analysis is applied to the ZeroCarbonBritain 2030 proposals.
- The costs and benefits of moving out of beef and into biofuel
- Tipping Point: Near-Term Systemic Implications of a Peak in Global Oil Production – An Outline Review
- Using Cap and Share to control transport emissions – Richard Douthwaite
- Press Release: Feasta’s response to EU aviation proposals
- Climate and Currency: Proposals for Global Monetary Reform