Before industrialisation, economy mainly referred to local economy and household economy, based on cooperative and competitive processes. How can we shift from today’s centralised and global economy to a resilient local economy? Bryan Innes provides some suggestions in the New Zealand edition of Fleeing Vesuvius.
- Will New Zealand be the first developed country to evolve a steady-state economy?
- How resilient are we? A New Zealand immigrant’s perspective
- On the cusp of collapse: complexity, energy, and the globalised economy
- Finance for future communities: equity partnerships and investment unions
- Ceiliúradh ’09: Building Sustainable Communities